Tuesday, February 26, 2013

New PLOT episode released (Sources of Inspiration)

Play on Target Episode 5: Sources of Inspiration

Our fifth episode of the Play on Target podcast has gone live on the site. This episode's topic was sources of inspiration. I, and my fellow hosts, each chose three printed sources that we use for inspiration when designing campaigns/adventures/etc.

My three sources of inspiration are:

 GURPS sourcebooks in general. I've never run the game, but the sourcebooks are crazy-full of flavor and atmosphere.

The Writer's Guide to Fantasy Literature. I picked this up as inspiration for fiction writing but found myself applying it to designing sessions more than anything else. It talks about common fantasy tropes, how to keep them fresh, etc.

The Atlas of Middle Earth. This one started as inspiration for running MERP 2E. However, the book is so well-done and in-depth that it works great for reference when designing your own worlds.

For the other hosts' sources, you'll have to give the episode a listen. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts