Thursday, March 21, 2013

Time Heroes of Fate Update - Beta Finished!


I've been pounding away at Time Heroes of Fate for quite some time now in order to ensure I have everything ready to go when I am able to launch the Kickstarter. Tonight, I managed to write the last few words of the beta draft of THoF.

I still have to go through and do some editing, reword much of it to add atmospheric flavor to it. I also have to go fill in some example boxes I added (so as to remember where examples should go). Other than that, the first draft is officially complete! Once +Fred Hicks and Evil Hat get the Creative Commons/OGL license up and running, the Time Heroes of Fate Kickstarter should be good to go!

Of course, now is when I rethink Magic/Future Tech yet again. I have included the version where either skill is used as a sort of replacement skill for another in situations where that skill would normally be ineffective (trying to hit someone with your weapon which is across the room on a table while you're handcuffed to a wall). However, after demoing the game at Plattecon a short while ago, I began to think about getting rid of that and instead making the two skills able to perform stunts you don't have for certain skills chosen during character creation (the amount of which is equal to your refresh after stunts are chosen) at the cost of a Quantum Point every time you do this. 

However, I'm wondering if this would eliminate reasons for people to choose stunts at all. Granted, even the simplest stunts would end up costing a Quantum Point when Magic/Future Tech is involved, but still, that seems pretty powerful. I think for now I'll leave it the way it is and see if I can't get some last minute feedback from folks.

So, what do you guys think? Leave those skills the way they are, or change them up?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts