Sunday, January 20, 2013

Help Fund the Berserkon Kickstarter!

First, the Kickstarter web address: Berserkon Kickstarter (New Attempt)
Well, I'd started writing a post for today about Future Tech Stunts for Time Heroes of Fate. However, I was interrupted by an update stating that a new Berserkon Kickstarter is up with a lower fund goal this time! Berserkon is a gaming convention that local RPG author +Kevin Mickelson is trying to get running. They previously had a Kickstarter that didn't make its goal. However, this inspired the folks behind the idea to see what they can do to cut costs. They succeeded, and the new goal has been lowered to $9,950. If funding is successful, the convention will be taking place May 24-26, 2013.

I am not affiliated with the creators of this, although I kind of wish I was. It takes a lot of effort to spearhead something like this, and I'd be honored to see them at my gaming table. Anyway, my excitement is purely because this could, at long last, be a gaming convention I would be able to attend on a regular basis. I've already made my pledge at the "3-day pass + t-shirt" level. I would have pledged more, but even that was stretching my budget a bit these days. However, I think it's worth it and I'm fairly confident my fiancee Ashley will agree and quite probably pledge herself.

They have already mentioned that several members of Zombie Orpheus Entertainment will be in attendance, as will +Cam Banks and an improv group from Thunder Bay called 807 Improv. They'll be rough screening Gamers 3 as well as seasons 1 and 2 of Standard Action. If this isn't enough to pique your interest, might I say again: THREE DAYS OF GAMING.

Some of you who read this may not be able to attend, which is understandable. But I'm reaching out to the gaming community in general (as opposed to simply locally) in the hopes that everyone would want to see a new con succeed. And you could vacation on the shores of Lake Superior, visit local shops, catch a show, maybe even take a harbor cruise.

Anyway, I decided to devote today's blog post to Berserkon because I am 100 percent behind this project and the least I can do for something I've been wanting to see for 20 years is do a little bit of shilling. I will be back tomorrow with the post I expected to make today.

Again, the Kickstarter can be found here: Berserkon Kickstarter (New Attempt)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts